This job is located in Omaha, NE
Please click here to schedule an over the phone interview
Banyan Medical Systems, Inc. is headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. We design, develop, produce, sell, and support custom Healthcare IT solutions. Our work focuses on the integration of real-time data streams in support of providing care givers, patients, and family members access to coordinated, holistic care information. We currently offer configurable solutions for procedural area integration (e.g. operating rooms), fall prevention, virtual nursing, and multi-source audio/video collaboration. In addition, we offer scalable custom solutions for addressing room to enterprise level collaboration needs. Banyan Medical Systems is an innovative Healthcare IT integrator looking for dynamic, energetic, accountable, and highly self-motivated individuals to join our team.
Banyan Medical Systems Installation Technicians work directly with Installation Leads for installation of all low-voltage cabling (including termination), mounting brackets, drywall, backing, server cabinets, PCs, monitors, and any other peripheral devices deemed necessary for the job. Candidate must have good people skills and be able to successfully interact with construction personnel as well as other vendors that may be on site. Candidate must be able to travel and perform on-call duties.
- Work directly with Installation Leads to implement BMS Solutions on-site (cabling and hardware).
- Assist Leads with determining facility and hardware needs.
- Assist with prep, staging and product arrival at site in a timely fashion. This would also include understanding site layout for efficient movement such as acceptable paths to work area, shipping and receiving and waste disposal.
- Testing of cabling and hardware.
- Daily involvement with Inventory, shipping, receiving, facilities and building maintenance tasks.
- Keep project tasks or tickets updated daily to account for resource utilization.
- Track all installed assets in service database.
- Aid in the identification of potential issues and bring them to the appropriate party’s attention.
- Occasionally assist Engineers with customer service needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Category 5, 5e, Cat 6, Fiber cable installation
- Copper and Fiber cable testing and documentation.
- Installation of raceway and all types of low-voltage cabling (A/V, Network, Fiber, Telecom).
- Usage of hand tools, test equipment
- Position may require travel and on call availability.
- PC Hardware knowledge a plus.
- General construction knowledge a plus.
- Network knowledge a plus.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to work and communicate needs to Install Leads
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Understand and maintain vendor credential requirements.
- Must be able to stand, bend, climb ladders, and kneel as required by job.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to measure accurately.
- Must be able to work with heights.
- Complete training and education as assigned by leadership.